This has already been a totally different experience than when we had Connor. With him we decided we wanted to have a baby, and it took 14 months for us to get pregnant. That was a lot of pregnancy tests, a lot of seeing other family and friends get pregnant, and a lot of people asking when we were going to start our family.
With baby #2, we knew that it could possibly take a long time again, but we also knew that it could be really fast now that my body knew what is was doing. Well, this time it only took one month! That was a shock!
Although baby is coming sooner than we had hoped (I wanted baby to come mid April so that I wouldn't have to go back to work after maternity leave- I'm a teacher, so the school year would end by then), we are so excited that Connor will have a sibling who is close in age to him.
I found out for sure that I was pregnant on June 16, but I already suspected that I was pregnant the week before. With Connor, we found out that I was pregnant at 7 weeks, and I remember thinking that was so late, and I was glad that I didn't have to wait to tell people for very long (we waited til 10 weeks, which was valentines day). With this baby I found out at 5 weeks, but that really doesn't seem a whole lot sooner to find out. We decided to share at 9 weeks.
Daniel was away at fire training the whole week, so I couldn't tell him until he got back. I found out on Tuesday and he got back on Friday. I didn't do anything fun to tell Daniel that we were pregnant with Connor, so this time I made a shirt that said "spoiled only child ends Feb 2016" on the front, and "big brother in training" on the back. I put it on Connor when Daniel got home. He knew I already suspected I was pregnant, so it wasn't a shock, but it was still a surprise, and he was happy. When we saw Daniels car pull up we both walked outside with Connor in his shirt, Daniel could tell that it was a different shirt so he payed attention to it. When he read it he looked and me and said, "Ooooh you're pregnant?". It was very sweet.
That's also how we told our families. We called Daniels parents on Father's Day and showed them the shirt. They got so excited that they started telling the people around them.
We were going to tell my parents on Father's Day also, but when we called them they told us that they were coming to visit us that Saturday, so we decided to wait til then and tell them in person. They got to crater lake between 7 and 8 pm, so we kept Connor up late. Right before they got to us, we put the shirt on Connor and just waited till people noticed. My brother and sister noticed first, then my mom, then my dad. It was very fun :)
To tell all of Daniels siblings (he has 11 of them), we took a picture of the front and back of the shirt and sent it out with the message " look at the new shirt we made for Connor".
We announced on Facebook on July 13, when I was 9 weeks along. I took a bunch of cute pictures of Connor in his cute announcement shirt.
I would like a boy because then they can share a room for the rest of their lives. But that's just my practical side. I would also love a girl so I can dress her in pretty clothes. Daniel will be happy with either, but he really wants twins a boy and a girl :p
This is different than with Connor. For him we both knew without a doubt that we wanted a boy and we would probably be a little disappointed if it was a girl... Good thing it was Connor! :)
Just like with Connor, we've had names picked out for a long time. We had the name Connor picked out for about two years before he was born. We've had a girl name picked out for about a year already, and a boy name picked out for 6 months. We'll announce our name when we find out the gender :)
I don't know why Heavenly Father has chosen to bless us with another baby so soon, when I know there are more righteous and worthy people waiting to get pregnant, but I am grateful that we seem to have done well enough with Connor that Heavenly Father is willing to trust another one of his precious souls with us.

No comments:
Post a Comment