.

.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

Daniel and I spent Thanksgiving break in Meadow, starting with Tuesday November 23, and Amber Freeman, now HUNTINGTON's Wedding :)

Christopher Huntington and Amber Freeman got married in the Manti Utah LDS Temple. This was the first temple wedding, other than my own, that I was able to go to. It was really cool having so many of Daniel's sibblings there, and their spouces. The sealing was beautiful, and Chris even cried :) When we all got out of the temple, it was freezing cold, and really windy.

I'm sure the group pictures look kind of funny because we're all laughing and shivering. Then we headed over to the luncheon, while Chris and Amber took their wedding pictures. The luncheon was at a church somewhere between Manti and Meadow. Daniel and I, being the very helpful people that we are, helped put up tables and chairs.... and mostlly played tag and basketball with the little kids :p That's why Daniel is one of the favorite Uncles- he is still a kid himself, so eveyone loves playing with him :) Then we Drove down to Meadow. Some people had to go home because a big blizzard was coming in, and no one wanted to get caught in it, and then not beable to go home for thanksgiving. I took lots of pictures of the reception for anyone who wasn't able to make it, although I bet that Amber will put some on facebook when she gets them.
Before the reception Amber took more wedding pictures because it had been so cold and windy at the temple I guess they didn't want to stay there forever :p Amber's bridesmaids were Mary (her roommate), Aspen (friend from Meadow), Megan, Emma (neices), and a 5th girl, who I didn't know- I think she might have been a friend from track. Janelle (sister, and who was Amber's photographer) also took family pictures of each family, so Daniel and I got a family picture.

The reception started at 630. It was a lot of fun, and it looked SO cool! Amber's dad (my father in law) made a barn for the back drop, and there were wagon wheels, and bails of wheat, and lots of cool country stuff. Amber sure is a country girl. Their wedding colors were purple and green. Daniel and I got there at 530 because we wanted to see what it looked like, and we ended up staying untill it ended at 830. When Chris and Amber had their first dance, Kyle (brother in law/ DJ) had us all stand in a big circle around them and watch them dance. I think Chris and Amber felt funny because while they were dancing they asked people to come join them.

Daniel and I were really tired after the reception, so we just went to bed when we got home. We got to sleep in the RV because there was so much family visiting that all the rooms were full, and the Freeman house was built to hold a lot of people!

On wednesday we woke up to a lot of snow! :)
That morning we all went back over to the church to clean up after the reception, I guess no one wanted to the night before because everyone was so tired, and it was really late. We were cleaning from probably 10-12 or 1. We cleaned the whole church building because the Freeman's were signed up to.
After that Daniel, JD (brother), and Daniel McCann (nephew in law) drove to Cedar City to drop off a heavy entertainment system. Then they did a few other things. Cedar City is about an hour and a half from Meadow, so I didn't see Daniel for the rest of the day. I spent the day talking with Daniel's sisters and sister in laws. It was really fun. I got to know them a lot better. I also helped clean up around the house a little bit. We all went out to 5 buck pizza for dinner (didn't wanna cook anything the day before thanksgiving). I sat with Michelle (sister in law) and her kids, and I got to know them a lot better. That was really cool for me, especially because they live in provo, so we see them on occasion. Daniel got home around 630, and he and I went over to JD's house. He helped Daniel McCann set up JD's new entertainment system that they had bought while they were out. That took a couple hours. After they finished we started a movie, but maybe 10 minutes into it the viewing population went from 7 to 2. Everyone was really tired (including myself), so we decided to postpone the movie untill later when we were more awake.
Thursday= Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving at the Freeman's house, with lots of people is very different than I'm used to in Washington with just my family and some friends. Everyone plays, goes sledding, and sleeps all morning, except for a few chosen relatives, who get to cook all morning. We ate Dinner at about 2, but there wasn't any real tradition with it, other than the yummy food. At my house we all say three things we're thankful for before we can eat. That's not very realistic when there are so many people. So we ate dinner, then a little while later we ate pie! Yay! Frankie, Stacee and their family were there, and some of them are allergic to nuts, so we had a pretty nut free meal. YAY! I don't like nuts, but the Freeman's eat nuts like candy, so I don't eat a lot of the food that they make while I'm down their. I love Frankie and Stacee because they're awesome people, but I also sure love the fact that they cause nut free food :) That night Daniel and I stayed up till one in the morning talking to Frankie and Stacee. I've only met them a couple of times, but man, we learned that we have so much in common with then! It was so fun talking to them! I love the fact that I feel like Stacee and I are so much a like! I feel so different from a lot of the Freemans, even though I fit in fine. I love having someone who is a lot like me :) Daniel also got really excited because he and Frankie get a long so well! We have no idea what they really thought of us, but we officially love them and want to go hang out with them. I think they live somewhere around Salt Lake. Also, I totally love their kids. Not only because they are so cute, but their oldest, Lucy, acts and LOOKS exactlly like I did when I was her age! I everytime she came into the room I'd lean over to Daniel and tell him that he now know's what i looked like when i was younger. Also they have a little boy, Ethan, who looks just like my little brother did when he was that age! :) They have a little girl, Leah, who is pretty much exactlly oposite of my little sister. Leah is fair skinned and has very light blonde hair. My sister, when she was born, had almost black hair, and olive skin. That difference makes me laught too :)
Friday, Daniel, Frankie, Stacee and I went shopping in Fillmore for Christmas gifts, and Daniel and I used up the rest of our wedding money. Daniel is so sweet! We had maybe $40 left as gift cards to little places in Meadow, and Daniel let me get stuff that I really wanted. Granted one of the places was like a craft store, so he couldn't really find anything he wanted anyway :p Then we all drove around Meadow looking at different houses and stuff. Frankie and Stacee want to move down to Meadow soon, and Daniel would love to end up in Meadow some day, so they were all talking about what they would do to fix up different houses. We also visited the graveyard in Meadow, where I found out that Daniel's parents have already bought us a plot. I guess we're going to be barried in Meadow. I actually really liked the cemitary there. It was really peacefull. Daniel and I went over to JD's for a little while to play Munchin's with Daniel and Kimberly. I have never played it before, but already love it! (The first thing that Daniel and I did when we got back to Provo was to go to the Mall and buy that game). That night Daniel, frankie, Stacee and I stayed up till maybe midnight playing card games :) Stacee introduced me to Pit and Skipbo. I really like them both, especially Skipbo because it's kind of like a slow Nertz, which is my favorite cardgame.
Saturday (yesterday) I woke up feeling sick, and I stayed sick the whole day. Michelle had been sick the day before, and Ethan might have been sick too, so we think the 24 hour stomach flu got around somehow. I really don't know what went on most of the day because I slept. We drove home that night because we heard it was supposed to snow. Which it did, so we're glad we came home.
Sunday, today. I woke up feeling a lot better, but not great, so we just went to sacrament meeting, then came home. I don't feel sick any more really, but when I move around too much I get a little wooosy feeling. I think I'll be fine in time for school tomorrow, thankgoodness!

Daniel and I looove going down to Meadow. Fact. :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love temple weddings. I missed one of my dear friend's this Thanksgiving break because we were with family. It would've been my first besides my own. I can't wait to experience it, especially knowing that we've felt exactly what the two stars of the show are feeling in that room! How fun! Thanks for sharing the experience! :o)

    ReplyDelete